Joseph E. Pendergast, III, Owner and Managing Attorney
Joseph "J.P." Pendergast, Personal Injury Attorney and Owner and Managing Attorney, has focused on personal injury law since joining the firm in 1998. He has successfully handled thousands of personal injury cases, resulting in millions of dollars in compensation for his clients. As a former King County deputy prosecuting attorney he has extensive trial and appellate court experience.
Received the Highest Avvo Rating as a "Superb Attorney"
“While working in the Prosecuting Attorney’s Office with King County Prosecutor Norm Maleng, I saw first hand how people’s lives were turned upside down as a result of an accident,” explains Mr. Pendergast. “That’s what led me to help injured people. I’m very proud of the fact that everyone in our firm truly cares about helping people and that we focus on making strong connections with our clients and always treating them with the utmost respect and dignity.”
A native of Seattle, he graduated from the University of Washington and received his law degree from the University of Oregon in 1993. Active in the community, Mr. Pendergast has worked on a variety of local and legal initiatives that help people everyday. He has also been very active coaching local youth sports including little league baseball, boys and girls soccer, basketball and football.
Mr. Pendergast is a member of the Washington State Bar Association, the Washington State Trial Lawyers Association, and the American Association for Justice. He has been rated very highly by his fellow lawyers and judges for his legal ability and adherence to professional standards of conduct and ethics.
Named "National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers"
The National Trial Lawyers is a national organization composed of The Top 100 Trial Lawyers from each state. Membership is obtained through special invitation and is extended only to those attorneys who exemplify superior qualifications of leadership, reputation, influence, stature, and profile as civil plaintiff or criminal defense trial lawyers. It is the mission of The National Trial Lawyers to promote excellence in the legal profession through practical educational programs, networking opportunities, and legal publications that deal with current issues facing The Trial Lawyer.
Named "Top 100 Litigation Lawyers" by The American Society of Legal Advocates
The American Society of Legal Advocates is a new, invitation-only, nationwide organization of elite lawyers in practice today who combine stellar legal credentials with a proven commitment to community engagement and the highest professional standards. A team of lawyers spent six months researching tens of thousands of lawyers across the country and selecting less than 2% of all lawyers based on an array of criteria.
- Graduated from the University of Washington in 1989
- Received law degree from the University of Oregon in 1993
- Member of the Washington State Bar Association
- Member of the Washington State Trial Lawyers Association
- Member of the American Association for Justice
- Member of the Million/Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Member of the National Association of Distinguished Counsel
- Member of the Rue Ratings’ Best Attorneys of America
- Voted Best Personal Injury Law Firm in Washington by Best Attorneys Online 2014 -2017
- Named "Top 10 Personal Injury Attorney" by the National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys 2013-2017
- Named "Top 100 Litigation Lawyers" by The American Society of Legal Advocates 2014-2017
- Named "National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers" 2013-2017
- Received Avvo’s Client Choice Award for Personal Injury 2012-2015
- Voted 10 Best Personal Injury Attorneys by the American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys 2014-2017
- 2017 Received the "America’s Top 100 Attorneys Lifetime Achievement Award"
- Rated A+ Accredited Business by the Better Business Bureau
- Rated 10.0 Superb by Avvo
- Rated Distinguished by Martindale-Hubbell
- Lead Counsel Rating for Personal Injury Law
- Joseph Pendergast: One of the 10 Best Personal Injury Attorneys in Washington
- Just How Tough Is It to Become an NADC Attorney? (And Why Should I Want One?)