Seattle Car Accident at a Stop Sign Attorney
Failure to Yield Accident at a Stop Sign
Drivers in the Seattle area stop at stop signs every day, usually without incident. But, because almost all stop signs are placed at locations where traffic is traveling in two or more directions, or at crosswalks, stop signs are often the site of accidents. If you have been injured in a stop sign accident, whether the driver or passenger of a motor vehicle, a pedestrian, or a bicycle rider, you may be able to pursue compensation for any injuries and losses you've suffered.
To ensure that you get the settlement you deserve, it is vital that you contact an experienced traffic accident attorney. For over 40 years, the attorneys at Hardwick & Pendergast, P.S. have been successfully representing Seattle area accident victims and their families. To find out more about filing a personal injury or wrongful death claim after a stop sign accident, call our office at (888) 228-3860 for a free consultation.
Compensation for Damages in a Seattle Stop Sign Accident
Depending on the speed a vehicle was traveling when the accident occurred, stop sign accidents can range from minor "fender benders" with no injuries to major collisions involving other vehicles and pedestrians that result in major injuries and fatalities. The following are some of the damages a stop sign accident victim may be able to pursue:
- Current medical bills
- Costs of future medical treatments related to your injury
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish and mental duress
- Costs of physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Permanent injury or disability
- Full or partial paralysis
- Household and vehicle modifications (wheelchair ramps, etc.)
- Lost wages
- Loss of career or earning potential
- Reduction of earning potential
- Property loss or damage
- Loss of joy of life
- Property loss or damage
- Wrongful death damages (in the tragic event of losing a loved one in a stop sign accident)
Common Causes of Seattle Stop Sign Accidents
There are many reasons that drivers in Seattle become involved in stop sign accidents. Most of these accidents are directly related to negligent behaviors of people behind the wheel. Hardwick & Pendergast, P.S. has represented many people injured in these types of accidents. Here are the most common causes of Seattle stop sign accidents our clients have reported over the years:
- Distracted driving: Texting, adjusting the radio, eating, looking at scenery, etc.
- Speeding: Going too fast to stop at a stop sign in time, or going too fast for conditions to stop in time.
- Not coming to a complete stop: Otherwise known as rolling stops.
- Road conditions: Ice, snow, sleet, rain, oil build up, loose gravel or sand.
- Worn down tires or brakes: Balding tires and poorly functioning brakes can greatly increase the time needed for a vehicle to come to a complete stop.
- Drunk or impaired driving: Drunk and impaired drivers have slower reaction times than sober drivers.
Contact Hardwick & Pendergast, P.S. Today
If you're involved in a stop sign accident in Washington, you'll want the representation of a dedicated car accident attorney in Seattle. Hardwick & Pendergast, P.S. has been helping injury victims recover for more than four decades. Call (888) 228-3860 for a free case evaluation.
Call us for a free consultation(888) 228-3860
Se habla español
Backed by our
No Fee Promise
Client ReviewsRead More
from defective power winch.
from head-on van accident.
resulting in wrongful death.