Seattle Head-On Accident Lawyers
Head-on accidents are some of the most devastating crashes in which you can be involved. They have the potential of causing catastrophic injuries or even fatalities and can occur on freeways, rural roads, and urban intersections. Recovering from such injuries can be a very long process of financial and emotional hardships. Although there are state laws in place to prevent such incidents, they do still occur.
Washington Statute 46.61.150 states: "Whenever any highway has been divided into two or more roadways by leaving an intervening space or by a physical barrier or clearly indicated dividing section or by a median island…every vehicle shall be driven only upon the right-hand roadway." It further states that "no vehicle shall be driven over, across or within any such dividing space, barrier or section, or median island."
Head-on Accident Recoveries
- $1,925,000 recovery for Duvall wrongful death head-on collision.
- $390,000 recovery for Skykomish head-on collision resulting in leg and ankle fracture.
- $372,000 recovery for Moses Lake head-on accident causing fractured pelvis.
- $230,000 recovery for a man who injured his shoulder in a head-on collision.
- $150,000 recovery for a woman who fractured her sternum in a head-on collision in Auburn.
There are a number of potential causes for a head-on collision. Some of the most common causes include:
- Fatigued Driving: Washington drivers who fall asleep at the wheel or who are driving drowsy may veer into oncoming traffic.
- Drunk Driving: Drivers who are impaired often lose control of their vehicles and either swerve or drift into opposing lanes of traffic, causing a head-on collision.
- Dangerous Roadways: When a vehicle strikes a pothole or is unable to negotiate a dangerous curve, the vehicle may leave its lane of traffic.
- Failure to Yield Right-of-Way: Some head-on collisions result from a vehicle beginning to turn at an intersection without yielding to oncoming traffic.
- Unsafe Lane Change: Some drivers may try to overtake a slower moving vehicle by passing on the left hand side when there isn't another safe lane to do so.
After I was hit head-on by a drunk driver, Hardwick & Pendergast, P.S. took care of everything with the insurance company. They made everything so easy and took the stress off me. I can't say enough good about them.
Injured victims of head-on collisions will have to prove liability in order to receive financial compensation for their losses. If the other motorist is cited for the crash by the authorities it may make this process easier. A driver does not, however, need to be criminally charged or cited in order to be held civilly liable for an accident. Injured victims who choose to file a civil lawsuit against the at-fault motorist will have to prove that the other driver's negligence contributed to the crash. In some cases, the at-fault party may even be a parts manufacturer or the governing body in charge of maintaining the roadway.
Hardwick & Pendergast, P.S. knows how to hold at-fault motorists liable for the damages they cause and will fight to get our clients fair and full compensation for all their injuries, damages and losses.
A successful Washington personal injury case may result in compensation for any of the damages that directly resulted from the crash, including hospital bills, lost wages, disability coverage and pain and suffering. To make sure that fair compensation is offered, the injured victim or the victim's family would be well-advised to retain the services of an experienced Seattle car accident lawyer with Hardwick & Pendergast, P.S. Call us today to find out how we can help you.
- Car Accident Wrongful Death
- Chauffeured Vehicle Accident
- Child Car Accident Victim
- Delivery Van Accident
- Food Delivery Accident
- Government Vehicle Accidents
- Head-on Collisions
- Hit and Run
- Intersection/Right-Of-Way Accident
- Lyft Car Accident
- Mobile Home / RV Injury
- Passenger Injury
- Pedestrian Accident
- Pickup Truck Accident
- Property Damage
- Rear-end Accidents
- Rental Car or Truck Accident
- Rideshare Accident
- Run-Off-Road Accident
- Scooter Accidents
- Side Impact Accident
- Speeding Accidents
- Taxi Cab Accidents
- Teenage Driver Accident
- Uber Car Accident
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Accident
- Vehicle Rollover
- Wrong Way Accidents
- Washington Auto Insurance Information
Call us for a free consultation(888) 228-3860
Se habla español
Backed by our
No Fee Promise
Client ReviewsRead More
from defective power winch.
from head-on van accident.
resulting in wrongful death.