Seattle RV Accident Attorneys
Every year, thousands of Seattle residents pack up their families and a considerable part of their lives to hit the road in their mobile homes. These machines are not only a heavy investment for the owner – they are a sizeable obstacle for most passing motorists. How many of us, including everyone at Hardwick & Pendergast, P.S., have encountered one of these giants on the highway and had to take extra care and caution when passing one?
Unfortunately too many folks have had tragic and sometimes unavoidable incidents with speeding, imbalanced and poorly piloted mobile homes. The outcome of such wrecks generally favors the mobile home driver, given their overwhelming width, weight and speed - leaving the other drivers involved paying a heavy toll following the encounter.
If you or a family member has been impacted by the negligent behavior of a motor home or recreational vehicle operator, give the Seattle personal injury attorneys at Hardwick & Pendergast, P.S. a call today. With over four decades of trial experience our attorneys are prepared to seek the compensation your family needs to recover. The number is (888) 228-3860.
Owners of mobile homes must be held accountable for any damages their recreational vehicles inflict on fellow motorists and pedestrians, no matter how minimal or severe.
One of the biggest issues often encountered with mobile homes, or recreational vehicles (RVs), concerns the licensing of said machines. Sadly, like many over-sized vehicles that fall into that hazy category somewhere between a large commercial transport and your average 2-axled truck, mobile homes do not require a special license to pilot. Anyone who has been issued a standard Class-D motor vehicle license is able to operate a mobile home in the state of Washington. Because of this open policy, no matter how complex an RV is built, so long as it is not put into commercial use, practically anyone over the age of 25 is able to purchase and pilot one.
This is where the trouble often begins. Because of the often skilled driving needed behind the wheel of a motor home, inexperienced and senior drivers are subject to some of the following problems:
- Infrequent Use: Motor homes are primarily a summer recreational vehicle. While most states require a yearly inspection to one degree or another, simply allowing a vehicle to sit for over 6 - 8 months without operation can leave both the motor home and its operator, a bit rusty. This in turn can lead to hidden mechanical problems that can greatly reduce a vehicle's safety as well as a driver's inability to compensate for any sudden problems.
- Poorly Balanced: These vehicles are awkward to say the least, with a center of gravity that can shift depending on how it is packed and piloted. Unless driven with a certain amount of care, motor homes are prone to tipping, flipping and rolling over even in the clearest of road conditions.
- Size Matters: Most mobile home owners are aware of the amount of space they occupy on the road. Those select few that choose to ignore their proximity to others and their unwieldy girth do so at everyone's peril.
Hardwick & Pendergast, P.S. is comprised of a dedicated and knowledgeable team of Seattle auto accident lawyers who have been providing superior representation to the residents of Seattle and the surrounding area for over 40 years. If you or a loved one has been injured in a mobile home or RV accident, don't hesitate. Contact us at (425) 228-3860 or (888) 228-3860 to discuss your legal options in a free case evaluation and consultation.
- Car Accident Wrongful Death
- Chauffeured Vehicle Accident
- Child Car Accident Victim
- Government Vehicle Accidents
- Head-on Collisions
- Hit and Run
- Intersection/Right-Of-Way Accident
- Lyft Car Accident
- Mobile Home / RV Injury
- Passenger Injury
- Pedestrian Accident
- Pickup Truck Accident
- Property Damage
- Rear-end Accidents
Call us for a free consultation(888) 228-3860
Se habla español
Backed by our
No Fee Promise
Client ReviewsRead More
from defective power winch.
from head-on van accident.
resulting in wrongful death.