Seattle Car Accident Fracture Injury Attorneys
Auto Accidents and Bone Fractures
There are many different types of injuries that are commonly suffered in car accidents, including traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord damage and lacerations. Another serious injury that can be suffered in a car crash is bone fractures. Fractures resulting from collisions can be devastating because they often involve several bones being broken or crushed at once. The resulting medical expenses and time away from work connected to these types of injuries can cause significant financial burdens. That is why victims of fracture injuries would be well-advised to speak with a Seattle car accident attorney at Hardwick & Pendergast, P.S. regarding their legal rights and options.
If you were a driver, passenger or pedestrian involved in a car accident ending in bone injuries, you have rights. Call (888) 228-3860 for a free consultation.
Common Types of Fractures
The type of bone fractures a car crash injury victim sustains depends on the type of crash:
- Head-on collisions often result in catastrophic injuries to the legs and hips.
- Side-impact crashes can result in broken hips and ribs.
- High-impact collisions can result in skull fractures when the victim's head strikes a dashboard, steering wheel or side door.
Occupants of a vehicle that are about to be involved in a collision may put their arms out to brace themselves, which may result in fractured arms and wrists. Victims who suffer these types of fractures may never be able to regain the mobility or physical abilities they had prior to the crash.
Car Accident Bone Injury Losses and Damages in Seattle
There are many potential damages suffered in a bone fracture injury. The bills add up rather quickly after a serious injury crash. Victims face medical expenses including emergency room costs as well as cost of hospitalization, surgery, medical equipment and medication. Over time, the injured victim may require physical therapy to try to regain his or her mobility.
All of these substantial financial losses may occur while the injured victim is missing work and physically unable to earn wages. Victims of these types of injuries also undergo significant physical pain and emotional distress because they are unable to perform activities that they once use to do.
Proving Liability for Fracture Injuries in Washington
Injured victims need to prove who was responsible for the crash to hold that person liable for the damages suffered. This process can be made easier when the at-fault driver is cited for the crash by the authorities. Drivers cited for speeding, running a red light, driving drunk or making an unsafe lane change, for example, may be held liable for their actions. A driver does not, however, have to face criminal charges or be cited by the authorities to be held civilly liable for the crash. Proving fault and liability in these cases can be tricky.
Understanding Your Legal Options
The experienced Seattle multiple bone fracture attorneys at Hardwick & Pendergast, P.S. know how to help victims of fracture injuries get the compensation they need. We protect the rights of our clients while holding negligent drivers accountable for their actions. Call our law offices today at (888) 228-3860 to find out how we can help you just compensation for all your injuries, damages and losses.
Fracture Injury Recoveries
- $390,000 recovery for ankle and leg fracture in Skykomish.
- $372,000 recovery for fractured her pelvis in a head-on accident in Moses Lake.
- $275,000 recovery for fractured jaw in an accident in Kent.
- $225,000 recovery for a fractured leg in a Seattle motorcycle accident.
- $185,000 recovery for fractured foot in a rear-end accident in Maple Valley.
- $175,000 recovery for a fractured ankle in a collision in Tukwila.
- $162,500 recovery for a teen who fractured her skull when she was hit by a car while in a crosswalk in Kent.
- $161,000 recovery for a man who fractured his wrist and forearm in a Renton car collision.
- $150,000 recovery for a woman who fractured her sternum in a head-on collision in Auburn.
- $150,000 recovery for a woman who fractured her leg when she was hit by a car in Seattle.
- $150,000 recovery for a man who fractured his hand when he was t-boned by another car in Kent.
- $140,000 recovery for a man who fractured his foot when it was run over.
- $137,000 recovery for a man who fractured his wrist in a head-on collision in Mukilteo.
- $120,000 recovery for a woman who fractured her ankle in Snoqualmie.