Chiropractic Malpractice Attorneys in Seattle
Your Legal Team for Chiropractic Injuries in Washington
We all place a great deal of trust in the medical professionals who treat us when we are injured. Since there are years of education and training required to become a chiropractor, most patients trust their recommendations and treatment. But there are times when a medical error causes an injury, or worse - permanent damage to a patient. On these occasions, it is critical for the victim to seek legal assistance when pursuing a chiropractic malpractice case.
Hardwick & Pendergast, P.S., offers clients over two decades of experience in securing medical malpractice settlements in the State of Washington. A call to (888) 228-3860 is the first step in understanding your legal rights and beginning the recovery process.
What Is Medical Malpractice?
In general, medical malpractice occurs whenever a medical professional (physician, nurse, phlebotomist, etc.) or medical institution (hospital, clinic, urgent care, etc.) acts improperly or fails to act properly, resulting in harm to a patient. All medical professionals must provide a certain "standard of care" to the patients they treat. This means that they must deliver a quality of care that is equal to what other medical professionals would provide in similar circumstances. When medical professionals fail to provide this "standard of care," they are guilty of medical malpractice and can be held accountable for the harm they cause a patient.
What Is Chiropractic Malpractice?
Simply put, chiropractic malpractice is not exercising reasonable care when treating a patient. Most commonly, a chiropractor may misdiagnose, fail to obtain consent, or injure a patient during treatment.
- Misdiagnosis. If a chiropractor notices symptoms of an underlying medical condition not related to the patient’s chiropractic care, he is required to refer the patient to the appropriate medical professional for further evaluation. If a chiropractor fails to alert a patient to an existing medical condition, he or she may be held liable for any resulting injury the patient suffers.
- Failure to obtain consent. As with any other medical procedure, it is the chiropractor’s responsibility to explain all risks associated with a proposed method of treatment prior to the treatment. If the chiropractor does not fully explain the risks and the patient is injured by the treatment, the chiropractor may be considered liable for malpractice.
- Negligent treatment. Treatment is considered to be negligent when the treatment itself creates a new injury or worsen an existing injury. Some injuries caused by negligent chiropractic manipulation are short-term, while others can cause permanent damage or even become life-threatening. These injuries include:
- Nerve damage
- Muscle and soft tissue damage
- Herniated disks
- Broken ribs
- Sciatic nerve damage and pain
- Neurological damage
- Facial paralysis
Proving Chiropractic Malpractice in Seattle
It can be difficult to prove chiropractic malpractice, but the Seattle medical malpractice attorneys at Hardwick & Pendergast, P.S., understand medical malpractice and the documentation required to prove your case. Your past medical records, as well as a current medical evaluation, can be used by our qualified medical experts to assist our lawyers in building your case.
The legal professionals at Hardwick & Pendergast, P.S., will work diligently to recover compensation for your medical bills and the cost of any medical care, lost wages, pain and suffering, and permanent injury or disability that you have suffered. Call toll-free (888) 228-3860 to schedule your free consultation with one of our chiropractic malpractice lawyers. Not only will this help reduce your stress, but it will allow you to ask any questions you might have about the process.
As always, our no-fee promise can reduce your financial concerns at this difficult time. You will never be charged for any legal services unless Hardwick & Pendergast, P.S., secures compensation for you. Call today and let our legal team begin assisting you so that you can make as full a recovery as is possible.
Call us for a free consultation(888) 228-3860
Se habla español
Backed by our
No Fee Promise
Client ReviewsRead More
from defective power winch.
from head-on van accident.
resulting in wrongful death.