Seattle Defective Motorcycle Part Lawyers
When a motorcycle accident results in injuries, the first step is to determine how the accident occurred and who or what caused it. It is common for investigators and insurance adjusters to assume that the crash resulted from driver or rider negligence. However, there are many motorcycle accidents that occur in Washington State as the result of a defective motorcycle part or a malfunction caused by a faulty part.
A defective motorcycle part can cause a rider to lose control and crash. There are several parts that can potentially malfunction in a motorcycle and cause a devastating accident. Some of the most common motorcycle defects include the following:
- Brake failure: Catastrophic injuries can occur when a motorcyclist is unable to stop or slow down in time to avoid a collision. The manufacturer of brake parts, or even the mechanic who last worked on the brakes, can be held liable for the damages suffered by the victim if the crash was the result of brake failure.
- Faulty tires: A defective tire can be extremely dangerous. When a tire fails or when the tread separates, a rider will likely lose control and crash.
- Fuel system issues: When the fuel system is defectively designed or installed, it can pose a serious burn hazard to the rider.
- Dangerous design: Some motorcycles are designed in a way that makes them difficult to handle. When a motorcycle is defectively designed, the manufacturer responsible for the design may be held accountable for the victim's losses.
- Manufacturing defects: Handlebar defects are common manufacturing defects in motorcycles. When a motorcycle part is poorly manufactured or when certain parts are missing, the consequences can be catastrophic.
If you have been involved in a crash that was possibly caused by a defective part, it is important to preserve your vehicle so it can be thoroughly examined for defects and malfunctions. Do not have it repaired or allow an insurance company to examine your motorcycle until your attorney has a trusted inspector check your motorcycle for any possible defects.
Our Seattle motorcycle accident attorneys are here to help you obtain the best recovery possible. It is the responsibility of motorcycle and part manufacturers to put safe products in the market. If you believe that legal action may be the right decision for you please call us at (888) 228-3860 or contact us online for a comprehensive case evaluation.
Call us for a free consultation(888) 228-3860
Se habla español
Backed by our
No Fee Promise
Client ReviewsRead More
case details are confidential.
from defective power winch.
resulting in neck and head injury.