(888) 228-3860
Se habla español

Call us for a free consultation

Do I Have a Seattle Personal Injury Case?

Are your injuries covered?

Do I have a case?

What types of personal injury damages can I recover?

How much can I expect to recover?

Q: Are your injuries covered?

do i have a personal injury case?A: There are a wide range of personal injuries that you can claim if you have been harmed by the negligence, recklessness or inaction of others. Any victim can file a Seattle personal injury claim for physical injury, emotional injury and in some cases, property damage. In wrongful death cases, the family of the injured or deceased victim can file suit on behalf of their loved one.

When you file a personal injury claim, you ask for damages in the form of monetary compensation for your medical bills, loss of income, pain and suffering, emotional distress, permanent disability and other expenses resulting from your injury.

Back to Top

Q: Do I have a case?

A: Here is just a sample of the personal injury claims that are covered by the law:

Under any of these circumstances, whether listed above or not, you should speak to a lawyer to determine if you have a personal injury claim. That's why it is a good idea to consult with an accident attorney who can guide you through the claims process and help you make the right choices for your specific case. The highly qualified Seattle accident attorneys at Hardwick & Pendergast law firm will provide you with a FREE Consultation, at no obligation to you. Simply contact us about your injury or call toll free at (888) 228-3860.

Back to Top

Q: What types of personal injury damages can I recover?

A: When you are injured, you can normally expect to file a claim for the following damages:

  • Medical Expenses. This includes medical expenses to treat your injury, such as doctor’s visits, hospital and emergency room expenses, fees for chiropractic care, massage therapy, physical therapy and any types of medical devices that you need during your recovery.
  • Future Medical Expenses. You can also recover for any continued medical care you may need as a result of the accident. This amount will be determined by your doctors or other medical providers, working with your attorney.
  • Pain and Suffering. Pain and suffering damages include physical pain resulting from your injury. The damages are based on the severity of the pain and how long you will likely be in pain.
  • Mental Anguish. Any type of mental or emotional distress you suffer as a result of an accident can also be claimed. These could include apprehension, fright, anxiety, grief, shock and/or loss of dignity.
  • Lost Wages. You can recover damages for the amount of money you would have earned between the time of your injury and the settlement or judgment. If you were unemployed at the time of the accident, you can still recover lost wages if you can show what you could have earned during that time.
  • Loss of Earning Capacity. You can recover damages for lost earning capacity, if you can show that your ability to earn money in the future has been impaired.
  • Loss of Consortium. This refers to the loss of the benefits of married life to your spouse which have resulted from your injury.
  • Property Damage. This compensates you for the value of your property that was damaged as a result of your accident.

Back to Top

Q: How much can I expect to recover?

A: You can expect to recover any money spent or lost as a result of your injury. Other damages are harder to place a dollar value on, such as “pain and suffering,” and will be part of the negotiation during the settlement phase and/or presented at trial.

Back to Top

Get Help Today

To discuss your accident and injuries, contact a Seattle personal injury lawyer at Hardwick & Pendergast, P.S. immediately at (888) 228-3860.

More Personal Injury Information

Call us for a free consultation

(888) 228-3860
Se habla español

Backed by our
No Fee Promise

Learn More

Client Reviews

Read More

Case Results

Degloving Injury
from defective power winch.

Wrongful Death
from head-on van accident.

Rollover Accident
resulting in wrongful death.

More results