2 Injured in Separate West Seattle Pedestrian Accidents
A 45-year-old man has been listed in serious condition after being struck by a car. According to a news report in The West Seattle Blog, the pedestrian accident occurred at 45th and Glenn on the west side of The Junction. Officials say a Prius was heading north when it struck the man. He was transported by ambulance to a nearby hospital. Not far from the scene of that incident, a 17-year-old girl was injured in a separate pedestrian accident. It is not clear from the report what caused that accident. She did not suffer life-threatening injuries.
Under Washington law, pedestrians have the right-of-way at intersections and in crosswalks. That does not, however, mean that pedestrians should assume that motorists will yield. Whenever you are out walking, please remember to:
- Wear bright clothes and a flashlight to increase your visibility when walking at night.
- Put away your cell phone because distracted walking can be extremely dangerous.
- Call a cab if you are under the influence.
- Never assume that drivers see you.
- Make eye contact with nearby motorists before entering the roadway.
- Choose your roadways carefully. It is best to walk near roadways that are well lit.
- Always follow the rules of the road. Cross only in crosswalks and make sure the walk sign is on where appropriate.
If you are involved in a pedestrian accident, please contact an experienced Seattle car accident lawyer who can help protect your rights and help you obtain fair compensation for damages, including medical expenses, lost wages, hospitalization, physical therapy, permanent injuries, pain and suffering, and emotional distress.