Keep in mind, however, that you may face criminal charges if you are responsible – and filing a lawsuit can be much more complicated. Read the rest »
• The population of Seattle’s metropolitan area now has exceeded 3.8 million and will continue to increase. As a result, traffic congestion that plagues the area is likely to worsen. Estimates put the city population in 2040 at nearly 5 million.
• Currently the city is listed as #6 among US cities as it relates to traffic problems and congestion. (recently passing Boston, MA)
• They estimate that the average Seattle commuter wastes 66 hours per year in traffic delays. Read the rest »
Common Causes of Bus Accidents in Seattle
The most common reasons why a bus in Seattle may be involved in an accident include weather, driver distraction or negligence, the road conditions, or problems with the equipment. While it is true that most of your Washington State or Seattle bus drivers are well trained, attentive, and responsible, as well as driving equipment being well maintained on roads that are well taken care of, there are times when this is simply not the case. When this occurs, there is a high likelihood that there will be a bus accident, which can lead to injuries or even fatalities. Read the rest »
What are the most common causes of Seattle bus accidents?
• Negligent bus drivers
• Bus drivers under the influence of alcohol or drugs
• Drivers not following safety guidelines
• Defective bus or bus equipment manufacturing Read the rest »
Bus Carrier Common Duties of Care
Common duties of care are actions bus companies have to take to avoid passengers getting injures. Here are the common duties of care outlined in federal and state bus regulations: Read the rest »
A bus carrying a Washington high school basketball team was involved in a roll-over accident resulting in multiple injuries to the young passengers. According to a news report in The Seattle Times, the bus accident occurred near westbound Highway 104 and southbound I-5 in Mountlake Terrace. Officials say the bus was trying to merge onto 104 when it hit the curb and flipped over. Of the 16 occupants of the bus, 10 suffered minor injuries including lacerations. Ten people were taken to a nearby hospital for observation with non-life-threatening injuries.
Initial reports said that the 53-year-old Everett bus driver believed brake failure contributed to the crash. However, an inspection by the State Patrol found that the brakes were functioning properly. State Patrol is now reviewing footage from a video camera that was installed inside the bus. Read the rest »
A 60-year-old mother was injured when her daughter turned their vehicle into a Metro bus in the west side of lower Queen Anne. According to a KOMO news report, the bus accident occurred on Elliott Avenue West at Harrison in Seattle. Officials say the victim’s daughter did not see the bus in the bus lane before turning left. The mother had to be extricated from the car, and was transported in stable condition to a nearby hospital. None of the passengers on the bus were injured. Read the rest »