Common Causes of Seattle Bicycle AccidentsIn the past few years, bikes have become a very popular method of transport for Seattle residents. More people are using their bikes to get to work, run errands, and for fun. Unfortunately, riding your bike can be dangerous in Seattle.
What Causes Seattle Bike Accidents?
There are many factors that can lead to a Seattle bike accident. Hardwick & Pendergast, P.S. has handled many of these accidents cases over the years. Here are the most common causes of Seattle bike accidents our clients have reported:
• Distracted/inattentive drivers
• Drivers under the influence of alcohol or drugs
• Aggressive drivers
• Construction zones/road maintenance issues
• Cars driving too close to bikes
• Intersection lane changes
• Intersection turns
• Open doors
• Cars backing out of parking lots, garages, or driveways
• Negligent road design
• Negligent bike lane design
Compensation for Seattle Bike Accidents
If you or a loved one have been injured in a Seattle bike accident, you may be able to pursue compensation for your damages and losses. An experienced Seattle bike accident attorney can help you secure a settlement that covers your medical bills, lost wages, property damage, and pain and suffering.
How to Reduce Your Risk of a Seattle Bike Accident
Hardwick & Pendergast, P.S. recommends taking the following safety precautions when riding your bike in Seattle or anywhere else in Washington:
• Always ride while wearing a helmet
• Never ride at night without wearing bright clothing
• Use front and rear lights on your bike
• Be sure to use reflectors when riding at night
• Maintain a safe distance from cars while riding
Contact Hardwick & Pendergast, P.S. Today
Hardwick & Pendergast, P.S. has guided many people to successful claims after a Seattle bike accident injury. We can help you secure the settlement needed to heal and move on from this painful situation. You can reach us at (888) 228-3860.