Downtown Seattle Electrical Accident Leaves Workers with Severe BurnsTwo Seattle City Light employees suffered burn injuries recently in an accident on the 1600 block of 7th Avenue. The workers were inside an electrical vault beneath an office building on the block when the accident took place, according news reports.
An electrical arc from a piece of equipment caused them both to suffer burn injuries. Seattle Fire Department rushed both workers to a nearby hospital. They are currently reported as being in satisfactory condition.
Seattle City Light workers do wear fire restraint uniforms when working, which may have helped reduce the severity of the burn injuries, according to officials.
Burn injuries aren’t always caused by heat or flame. Electrical arcs or sparks from utilities or from a defective piece of equipment, appliance, or other item can also cause electrical burns. Because of electrical current going through the body during an electrical burn, these burns can cause severe internal injuries along with damage to the skin, muscle, nerves, or bone at the site of the burn. Electrical burns may also set hair or clothing on fire, increasing the risk of thermal burns.
At Hardwick & Pendergast, P.S., we help injured workers determine whether a third party’s negligence caused their injuries and seek the compensation they deserve. To learn more, call our office today for a confidential consultation with one of our experienced Seattle personal injury lawyers.
You can reach us at (888) 228-3860.