Female Bicyclist Hurt in West Seattle CrashA woman was injured in a Seattle car accident when a car struck her bicycle. According to a news report in WestSeattleBlog.com, the bicycle accident occurred at Delridge Way and 17th SW in Seattle. The bicyclist was transported by private ambulance to a nearby hospital.
In order to determine the cause of a Seattle bicycle accident, investigators may need to interview witnesses, examine the crash site, and review footage from nearby video cameras. If you are injured in a Seattle crash, it would be in your best interest to:
- Remain at the crash site.
- Call the authorities right away.
- Provide your perspective on the cause of the crash.
- Collect contact information from anyone who may have witnessed the crash.
- Take photos of your damaged bicycle, roadway conditions, and your injuries.
- Seek out prompt medical attention, treatment, and care.
- Keep a journal of your physical and mental struggles resulting from the crash.
- Maintain accurate records of your medical bills and lost wages.
When discussing your case with the authorities or with an insurance provider, it is not advisable to admit fault. Instead, refer to your own notes about how the crash occurred and remain consistent. It is best not to speak with insurance adjusters or defense attorneys without discussing your case with your lawyer. A knowledgeable Seattle car accident lawyer can help you obtain monetary support for your injuries, damages, and losses.
Injured victims of Seattle bicycle accidents may be able to seek compensation for damages such as medical expenses, lost wages, hospitalization, rehabilitation, pain and suffering, and economic distress. If you or a loved one has been injured in a Seattle car accident, please contact Hardwick & Pendergast, P.S. for more information about pursuing your legal rights.