Seattle Bicyclist Injured after Being Struck by Driver
A male bicyclist was injured in a Seattle car crash when a vehicle struck him as he rode along a busy roadway. The Seattle Post-Intelligencer reports that the bicycle accident occurred on Lake Washington Boulevard South in Seattle. Officials say he will survive but that he suffered serious rib injuries. A drug-recognition expert evaluated the driver following the crash. It is unclear what led to the collision or if the driver will be cited for the accident.
Seattle is known for being bike-friendly and many local riders take to the roadways on their daily commute to and from work. May is National Bike Month and it is a good time to reflect on not only the benefits of riding a bike in Seattle, but also how important it is for riders and motorists to share the road. Failure to do so can result in devastating accidents.
If you are ever been involved in a Seattle bicycle accident, here are a few steps that you should take to protect your rights.
- Notify the authorities right away. Their documentation of when and where the accident took place can prove useful. Also, if they decide to cite the driver responsible for the crash, it could give validity to your injury claim.
- Collect the contact information from the driver as well as from anyone who may have witnessed the crash.
- Take photos of the crash site, your damaged bicycle, the vehicle involved, and your injuries.
- Write down everything you remember about the crash before you begin to forget important details.
- Seek out immediate medical attention to help you recover and to establish documentation of your injuries.
- Keep a journal of your daily struggles since the accident.
- Call an experienced Seattle bicycle accident attorney.
The experienced bicycle accident attorneys at Hardwick & Pendergast, P.S. are known for protecting the rights of injured victims and their families. Please call our offices today at (888) 228-3860 for a free consultation and comprehensive case evaluation.