2017 Hardwick & Pendergast, P.S. Scholarship
As attorneys, we at Hardwick & Pendergast, P.S. understand the value of a good education. Indeed, all of us have earned both undergraduate and law degrees. While we believe that education is the pathway to success, we also believe that no one should be denied an education for economic reasons.
For this reason, we’ve decided to offer a supplemental scholarship of $500 to a deserving student. We became personal injury attorneys so we could help those in need, and this scholarship is an extension of that desire.
- Amount Awarded: $500
- Who can apply?
Option 1 - Current high school seniors on track to graduate with a minimum 3.0 GPA and who intend to pursue a degree from a post-secondary educational institution
Option 2 - Any student currently enrolled in a post-secondary educational institution (either a two-year school with the intention of transferring to an accredited four-year college or university, or a four-year college or university)
- Application Deadline: July 12, 2017. All application materials must be sent to Hardwick & Pendergast, P.S. no later than the deadline date. Any applications received after the stated deadline will unfortunately not be considered. There will be no exceptions to this rule in order to keep the process as fair as possible. Please allow yourself ample time to prepare and submit all required materials prior to 11:59pm PT on July 12, 2017.
- Winner will be chosen by: July 26, 2017
Winner's name and likeliness will be announced on Hardwick & Pendergast, P.S. websites and social media sites on July 26, 2017. By submitting your information for consideration of this scholarship, you agree that your name and likeness may be used by Hardwick & Pendergast, P.S. for marketing purposes. Any information submitted to this website will not be sold or transferred to another company.
Non-winners will not be notified.
July 12, 2017
July 26, 2017
- All eligible high school applicants must anticipate earning a high school diploma in the 2016-2017 school year, and must anticipate attending an accredited post-secondary educational institution in the 2017-2018 school year.
- All eligible college applicants must currently attend an accredited four-year university or college, or must currently be attending a two-year institution with the intention of transferring to a four-year university or college.
- Simply put, graduating high school seniors in good standing and who meet a minimum GPA requirement, college students currently attending a community college with the intent of transferring to a university, or students who are currently attending a four-year university are eligible to apply for the 2017 Hardwick & Pendergast, P.S. scholarship.
Scholarship Requirements (All Criteria Must Be Met)
- Have earned or anticipate earning a high school diploma in the 2016-2017 school year
- Maintain a 3.0 or higher overall GPA
- Be a current United States citizen or United States permanent resident
- Applicant must fill out entry fields on the scholarship application page PDF
- Applicant must complete the essay portion of the scholarship application page PDF, which includes two entry fields:
Introduction: 100-200 Words
Our law firm would love to learn more about your interest in this scholarship and why you’ve chosen to apply. We are also interested in how you plan to use the scholarship to better yourself through education. Please feel free to include any information about yourself that may help you stand out from other applicants also applying for this scholarship.
If you are chosen as the recipient of the 2017 Hardwick & Pendergast, P.S. scholarship, your acceptance may be used for marketing purposes including, but not limited to, being featured on the Hardwick & Pendergast, P.S. website and on Hardwick & Pendergast, P.S. social media profiles.
Short Essay: 500-1000 Words
How will attending college help you achieve your future goals?
How do you plan on leaving your mark on the world, and in what way will a college education help you achieve your intended goals?
Hardwick & Pendergast, P.S. ScholarshipApply Now
Finalists Must Provide The Following Documentation
- Unofficial and Official School Transcripts - We may require an unofficial transcript from your most recent educational institution to help determine your eligibility. If Hardwick & Pendergast, P.S. decides that your application is in contention for our scholarship award, you will be contacted by Hardwick & Pendergast, P.S. and instructed to mail or electronically send an official, unopened transcript to help our team verify that the information you previously provided with your application is accurate, and that you do in fact meet all other eligibility requirements. Please do not send official transcripts unless explicitly asked to do so by Hardwick & Pendergast, P.S.
- Current Proof of Enrollment - An enrollment verification letter, college acceptance letter, or course registration for the upcoming semester must be provided to Hardwick & Pendergast, P.S. upon request.
- Photo Identification - A copy of your U.S. driver’s license, U.S. state identification card, and/or passport are considered as acceptable forms of identification and must be provided to Hardwick & Pendergast, P.S. upon request.