Seattle Car Accident Lawyers
Get the Help You Need After an Auto Accident
Being injured in an auto accident presents many challenges and is often a traumatic experience during and after the actual crash. It is important to remember that no matter how difficult the situation, there may be a way to set things right. To help an accident survivor cope physically, emotionally, and financially, he or she may file an injury claim or pursue a lawsuit to hold negligent parties responsible. While not every car crash calls for legal action, it helps to at least know your legal rights and options to make the best decision for your specific situation.
If you have been injured in a Washington auto accident, you deserve to hold the negligent party accountable. The aftermath of an auto accident may seem overwhelming, especially when contacting insurance companies, gathering information, and dealing with financial expenses. The skilled Seattle car crash attorneys at Hardwick and Pendergast, P.S. help personal injury and wrongful death victims secure fair compensation for their losses. We understand that no amount of money can undo what has happened; however, we want to help your family through legal hardships so you can focus on healing and rebuilding your life. Fill out a contact form today for a free consultation if you or your child has been hurt in a car accident.
How Can I Recover Damages and Losses in Washington?
If another person's negligence or an entity's oversight was the cause of your accident, you may be compensated for the following:
- Medical Expenses: Keep a record of all medical expenses related to the aftermath of the crash. Many injuries may include bruises, fractures, broken bones, trauma, and soft tissue injury.
- Loss of Wages: Inability to return to work after a car accident is common, especially if injuries are severe.
- Property Loss: Whether your car is totaled or dented, you may be compensated for the damages accrued.
- Emotional Distress: Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) can result from a vehicle collision, especially if a loved one is injured.
- Loss of Enjoyment: It is common for individuals to experience fear of driving after an auto accident. This can lead to loss of enjoyment due to dread of driving, anxiety from oncoming traffic, and not wanting to leave your house.
How Is Evidence Collected at the Scene and After the Seattle Accident?
As the victim of a crash caused by someone else, you have the right to pursue monetary compensation that pays for your losses. However, you will need to prove that you are a victim. You will only be able to find success by collecting evidence, which includes:
- Witness Testimony – Occupants of the vehicles involved and anyone nearby may have witnessed the collision and seen part of or the entire incident. Get their contact information and statements detailing who caused the crash.
- Photos – Photograph the scene of the crash to show the damage and the positions of the vehicles in the wake of the collision. Also, take photos of your injuries to show how you were affected.
- Police Reports – Call the police from the scene of the crash and tell them your side of the story. This will be put down in writing and corroborated by police officers.
- Insurance Company Reports – You will need to file a claim with your insurance company and the company of the person who caused the crash. You should clearly state how the accident happened and the amount of compensation you are seeking.
- Medical Records – If you are injured, go to a doctor for an exam so that there are chart notes and records of your injury from the crash that can later be used to prove it and relate it back to the crash.
- Video Evidence – There may be cameras near the scene of the accident. This includes red light intersection cameras, which may have video evidence showing every second of the collision.
By gathering these pieces of evidence and presenting them in a manner that proves fault, you can successfully pursue compensation through the help of a lawyer.
For more than 40 years, the car accident attorneys at Hardwick & Pendergast, P.S. have been helping clients. Call (888) 228-3860 today.
How Do I Pursue Compensation During the Claims Process in Seattle?
Crashes have repercussions that can ripple through all aspects of a victim's life. Because of the injuries suffered in the accident, a victim will often have to undergo various medical procedures, such as evaluations, medications, surgery, and rehabilitation. These are vital aspects in recovery, but may cost hundreds of thousands of dollars.
Additionally, being harmed can keep a person from being able to work or attend school until his or her injuries have healed enough. This can result in thousands of dollars lost from being unable to earn wages or proceed in education.
Other expenses can result from the crash, including auto repairs or the need for a completely new vehicle in the event of it being totaled.
All of these expenses can be covered by the compensation paid by the at-fault party and his or her insurance company. Through evidence, you will be able to prove the amount of money you have already lost, what costly medical procedures you have undergone, and how much time off work you have taken. Additionally, by proving the extent of your injuries, you can show what losses you will encounter in the future to prove how much compensation you will need for the future.
However, these successful cases are extremely difficult to create without the aid of an experienced Washington injury attorney.
Standing Up to Insurance Companies After a Seattle Car Accident
The last thing most survivors expect is to go up against their own insurance company, but this can, and often does, happen. Insurance companies may prolong a rightful claim in order to make you frustrated, encourage you to give up, and subsequently settle for less money than you actually deserve. Insurance companies may also deny a valid claim and you must be ready with the appropriate evidence and materials to prevent this from happening or combat it.
Protect Your Rights in Washington
Our legal team has a proven track record of successfully handling auto accident cases. We work diligently with investigators to build an effective case that will fight to protect your rights. Negligent drivers should be held responsible for their careless behavior. Contact Seattle car accident attorney Joseph Pendergast at (888) 228-3860 or online for a free, comprehensive case evaluation. We want to help you and your family recover from the trauma of an auto accident.
- Car Accident Blogs
- Sunroofs: Fun, But Are They Safe?
- Join Our Hands on the Wheel Giveaway
- The Fatal Four of Driving
- More Seattle Seniors May Mean Greater Road Danger
- Defective Vehicle Parts: Accidents Waiting to Happen
- Who’s Liable for a Multi-Car Crash?
- Automated Cars May Actually Be Saving Lives
- How an Attorney Can Help After a Seattle Car Accident
- Statute of Limitations for Washington Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Something Not On Your Wish List: Crashes Due to Slick Roads
- Washington Traffic Safety Commission (WTSC)
- Washington Driver Guide